Position: Forest Technician Level 1
Brinkman Forest Ltd. is a progressive forest management company based in British Columbia. As a result of our growing operation, we have an immediate full-time position for a Forestry Tech 1 in our Terrace office. Brinkman Forest Ltd. offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to achieve annual performance incentives. We welcome candidates who are inexperienced but eager to take the first step toward a rewarding career as a forestry professional.
The primary duty of a Forest Technician Level 1 is assisting the Forest Technician Level 2. Key duties for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Block layout
- Site plan data collection
- Various assessments and record keeping
- Acting as chain person for traversing
Skills and Requirements
- Strong field skills – contributing to productivity, safety and efficiency in field operations
- Interacting with others in a professional and positive manner
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to take direction and abide by policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the local area will be considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Drivers’ License and safe driving record
- Grade 12 or GED equivalent is an asset
- High level of motivation and physical fitness required of working in the bush
This position may require some travel and work away from home. Candidates must be trustworthy, cooperative, punctual and respectful and possess the desire to perform quality work while interacting with others in a professional manner.
Qualified applicants can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis, as applications are received. We appreciate all of the resumes and applications sent in, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.