Position: Forest Technician Level 2
Brinkman Forest Ltd. is a progressive forest management company based in British Columbia. As a result of our growing operation, we have an immediate full-time position for a Forestry Tech 2 in our Terrace office. Brinkman Forest Ltd. offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to achieve annual performance incentives.
Reporting to a Forestry Supervisor, this position will play an integral role in mentoring and coaching Forestry Tech 1 positions. Key duties for the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking legible and correct/accurate notes on road and boundary traverses
- Entering traverse notes into a road engineering computer application
- Running, analyzing and recording D-line detail
- Identifying and documenting road upgrade & reconstruction details
- Identifying, assessing and documenting riparian features
- Performing road and cutblock layouts
- Accurately timber cruise with minimal supervision
- Accurately collect Site Plan data with minimal supervision
- Assisting in designing roads in a road engineering computer application
- Completing cutting permit applications
- Involvement with logging/road activities including: safety audits, log quality control and ensuring environmental compliance
- 1 to 5 years of Forestry Tech 2 experience in Forestry or a related natural resource field
- Experience supervising and mentoring Forestry Tech 1 positions in a field environment
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in the field successfully with little or no supervision
- Experience working with road engineering computer applications and the ability to work easily with and learn computer software applications
- Exceptional team player with strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and exercise sound judgment in difficult situations
- Valid BC driver’s license and safe driving record is required
This position may require some travel and work away from home. Candidates must be trustworthy, cooperative, punctual and respectful and possess the desire to perform quality work while interacting with others in a professional manner.
Qualified applicants can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis, as applications are received. We appreciate all of the resumes and applications sent in, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.