Position: Operations Forester
Brinkman Forest Ltd. is a progressive forest management company based in British Columbia. As a result of our growing operation, we have an immediate full-time position for a Forestry Tech 1 in our Terrace office. Brinkman Forest Ltd. offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to achieve annual performance incentives. We welcome candidates who are inexperienced but eager to take the first step towards a rewarding career as a forestry professional.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position will play an integral role in forest planning, timber development, budgeting and implementation of road maintenance, road building, and harvesting operations. Key duties include, but are not limited to:
- Resource planning management for higher level plans that are implemented within the forest district
- Oversee timber development and permit procurement for company clients
- Review of cutting permit and appraisal data submissions
- Supervision of harvesting and road construction activities
- Negotiation of harvesting and road construction rates with contractors
- Contractor log quality and log inventory tracking
- Forest road and bridge inspections, and tracking of inventory
- Coordinating activities pertaining to domestic log sales
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in forest or related natural resource field
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma in forestry or natural resources field is preferred
- Registered, or eligible for registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF, RFT) is a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory framework, including the Forest and Range Practices Act, Forest Act, Interior Appraisal manual, and other relevant legislation and forest policies
- Possess good communication and organizational skills
This position may require some travel and work away from home. Candidates must be trustworthy, cooperative, punctual and respectful and possess the desire to perform quality work while interacting with others in a professional manner.
Qualified applicants can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis, as applications are received. We appreciate all of the resumes and applications sent in, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.