Position: Planning Forester
Brinkman Forest Ltd. is a progressive forest management company based in British Columbia. As a result of our growing operation, we have an immediate full-time position for a Forestry Tech 1 in our Terrace office. Brinkman Forest Ltd. offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to achieve annual performance incentives. We welcome candidates who are inexperienced but eager to take the first step toward a rewarding career as a forestry professional.
Reporting to the Senior Planning Forester, this position will play an integral role in forest planning, timber development and silviculture. Key duties included, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of Forest Stewardship Plan
- Maintaining communications with First Nations and other stakeholders
- Oversee timber development and permit procurement
- Completion of cutting permit and appraisal data submissions
- Supervision and quality control of layout and engineering activities
- Contributing to planning and management of silviculture programs
- 5+ years’ experience in forest or related natural resource field
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma in forestry or natural resources field is preferred
- Registered, or eligible for registration with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (RPF, RFT) is a plus
- Knowledge of regulatory framework, including the Forest and Range Practices Act, Forest Act, Interior Appraisal manual, and other relevant legislation and forest policies
- Possess good communication and organizational skills
This position may require some travel and work away from home. Candidates must be trustworthy, cooperative, punctual and respectful and possess the desire to perform quality work while interacting with others in a professional manner.
Qualified applicants can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates will be interviewed on an ongoing basis, as applications are received. We appreciate all of the resumes and applications sent in, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.